March Reads


SOMETHING BLUE
I read Something Blue because I needed something light and superficial after reading Here on Earth
and it turned out to be exactly that. 
Darcy annoys the (insert 4 letter word here) out of me. 
I remember really enjoying Something Borrowed which is the prequel to Something Blue.
But that was something like 5 years ago
so who knows what my thoughts would be on that book
if I picked it up again today.




WILDFLOWER HILL
When I really enjoy a book I think it is best to simply recommend it 
and let you experience the adventure for yourself.
So that's just it for this book.
Read it.


Memorable Quotes


"I had discovered over the years - accidentally - that silence made people talk more."
Kindle Loc. 5434

"But the worst mistake we can make about old people is to forget they were young once."
Kindle Loc. 5378




THE GUERNSEY LITERARY & POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY
Although this title is long and complicated,
 the book, on the other hand, is not.
As the book is written in letter correspondence only, 
there are a lot of gaps left to the imagination. 
But I suppose I'm a sucker for layers of description 
so this book just wasn't for me.


Memorable Quotes:

"Word of God or crowd control???" 
Kindle Loc. 170-71

"That's what I love about reading: 
one tiny thing will interest you in a book, 
and that tiny thing will lead you onto another book, 
and another bit there will lead you onto a third book. 
It's geometrically progressive- all with no end in sight, 
and for no other reason than sheer enjoyment."
Kindle Loc. 193-95




Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. Darcy got on my nerves too but overall I thought that it was a good book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free Printable: Wedding Table Numbers

Free Printable: Recipe Cards